Enhancement State and Society Engagement Fellowship
No new intakes.
The School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) is pleased to announce the Law and Society Research Unit (LSRU)‘s fellowship in LLM degree in comparative and international law and MA in international human rights law. The fellowship provides full tuition fees coverage for the LLM and MA programs. Applicants must demonstrate an intellectual or professional interest in exploring the relationship between law and socio-economic change in addition to a strong aptitude for graduate-level legal research.
- Egyptian nationals who are members of the Egyptian Bar Association or members of the Judiciary
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Full or provisional admission in LLM international and comparative law and MA in international human rights law
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0
- Financial need
The fellowship is awarded to cover the duration of the study with a maximum of five semesters, reviewed every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Remedial English courses and legal English training if applicable
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Participate in LSRU’s summer schools
- Committed to working five hours per week for the law and society research Unit at AUC
- Participate actively in the academic life of the department of law and LSRU
- Be committed to remaining at their post in Egypt for at least three years after degree completion or return the tuition fees covered by the fellowship
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties
- For details and more information about Teaching Assistantship, click here
*The selection process involves interviews
Deadlines: No new intakes.
For inquiries, send an email