Mark Turnage Fellowship for Sustainable Development
No new intakes.
The Mark Turnage fellowship for Sustainable Development aims to support a graduate student with a solid academic record and financial need who is seeking to pursue a graduate degree in the field of Sustainable Development at The American University in Cairo (AUC).
- Open to all nationals
- For new graduate degree-seeking students satisfying AUC graduate admissions requirements
- For continuing students to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
The fellowship is awarded for a maximum duration of five semesters and one intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Housing allowance, based on need.
- May cover remedial English language requirements
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows must maintain a full-time student status throughout their study and complete their degree requirements within the coverage duration of the fellowship; maximum of five semesters
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 throughout the duration of their graduate studies
- Fellows are assigned a maximum of 12 hours per week of related academic work with faculty members
- Successfully complete the mandatory teaching assistant training
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester and October 15 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email.