How To Apply
1) Submit the online application.
2) For an application to be processed, the following documents must be included:
All students (Egyptian and non-Egyptian):
- Application form, filled out as per the instructions indicated at the end of the form.
- Personal statement (Form 2) of no less than 500 words. Applicants selecting two programs for admission consideration should include two separate statements.
- Updated CV that must include work experience and educational background.
- Official transcript(s) from all higher education institutions attended, with proof of degree completion. Unofficial, clear, scanned copies are acceptable for processing purposes, but final admission is not granted until the original, official transcripts are submitted, reviewed and approved by the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Two letters of recommendation. PhD applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation.
- Medical reports: Valid for Egyptian applicants if taken within six months prior to registration. Valid for non-Egyptian applicants if taken within one month prior to registration and must include an HIV test (for student visa purposes). To qualify for and maintain a student visa, the student must register full time (three courses) each semester. Additional details will be provided upon admission.
- Proof of financial resources to meet costs of AUC
International students only:
- International Student Data Form (Form 5) completed.
- Clear copy of the information page of a valid passport, showing photo, passport number and personal information.
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Proof of health and accident insurance for the duration of your stay in Egypt.
Egyptian students only:
- Clear copy of both sides of the National ID.
- Clear copy of the electronic birth certificate.
- Military service certificate (for Egyptian males), to be submitted with the original certificate, which will be photocopied and stamped as a true copy at AUC’s Student Service Center.
3) Submit required test results:
TOEFL iBT or IELTS
- Non-native speakers of English are required to present valid TOEFL iBT or IELTS test results, achieving the minimum cut-off scores required by the University. Validity for both tests is two years.
- Graduate applicants who hold degrees from an accredited university where English is the only language of instruction may be exempted from presenting evidence of academic English proficiency, unless they are applying for the African Graduate Fellowship, whereby English test results must be provided.
- AUC’s score recipient code is 0903.
- English exemption is determined by the Office of Graduate Admissions upon evaluation of the complete graduate applications and credentials.
- Applicants to the MBA program should have at least three years of work experience and an official GMAT score report sent to the University.
- If an official report is not available, an unofficial test report should be provided in the meantime to start processing the application.
- Applicants to the PhD program, master’s in economics and master’s in economics in international development must submit an acceptable official GRE score report or have it sent directly to the University.
- Applicants to the Master of Science in finance must submit either an acceptable official GMAT or GRE score report, or have it sent directly to the University.
Enrollments Requirements (Upon Acceptance):
The following documents are needed after an admission decision is reached and prior to registration:
- The original undergraduate transcript with proof of graduation
- The original score report for valid GRE, GMAT and TOEFL/iBT and Academic IELTS exam where required
- Record of a full physical examination: valid tests are those taken within one month prior to registration
- Proof of financial resources to meet educational costs at AUC
- Timely payment of all tuition and fees
For international students only
- Proof of health and accident insurance for the duration of stay in Egypt
- HIV test scores for student visa purposes.
Where to Send Documents
Applicants Outside of North America
The American University in Cairo
Office of Recruitment and Student Service Center
AUC Avenue, P.O. Box 74
New Cairo 11835, Egypt
Applicants from North America
The American University in Cairo
Office of Student Affairs
420 Fifth Avenue, Third Floor
New York, NY 10018-2729 USA
- Scanned or soft copies of all credentials are accepted only for processing purposes.
- Original documents and original test results are required by the deadlines indicated in the letter of acknowledgement sent from the Office of Graduate Admissions. Deadlines are set to the respective admission cycles.
- Applications that are submitted beyond graduate admission deadlines will be evaluated for the following semester in which the applied for program(s) are offered. Some graduate programs are offered to new students only in the fall semesters.
- Financial aid and fellowship applications have their own deadlines. However, graduate admission applications must be submitted first to obtain an AUC ID number, which is required to complete financial aid and fellowship applications.
9:00 am - 3:00 pm