Office of Medical Services
About the Office
The AUC clinic offers comprehensive health care services to ensure the well-being of the entire AUC community. Everyone can benefit from medical advice, treatment, vaccines, pharmacy services, and recommendations for outside care. The AUC clinic also has provider relationships with the best hospitals in Cairo and coordinates referrals to labs, specialists or other medical facilities. Read More
- Medical Advice: Medical advice is available to all members of the AUC community, either through a visit to the medical services office or by phone, in case of an emergency. All AUC community members may visit the office in case of illness, general check-up, check-ups for using the AUC gym or in the case of an emergency.
- Travel Medical Advice: The medical travel program is available to students, as well as faculty and staff members who may be traveling abroad. Information about immunization requirements in parts of the world to which they will travel is also available.
- Vaccines and Other Injections: Vaccination services are available at the medical services office on an appointment basis. Vaccines are paid for in cash, as they are not covered by medical insurance. We provide assistance in setting up schedules for vaccines and other injections.
- Medications: Medicine is available through the medical services office and is supplied by the Seif Group pharmacy, in accordance with AUC’s drug policy. Medicine is dispensed through a signed and stamped prescription from an AUC physician.
- Hospitalization: Through the AUC clinic, the AUC community has access to a large network of hospitals for emergency cases. AUC has an agreement with some of the most respected hospitals in Cairo that provide reputable medical care.
- Diagnostic Services: Laboratory and radiographic services are available by referral from an AUC physician through a number of specialized centers with which AUC has special agreements.
- Medical Specialists: A comprehensive list of all medical consultants within various specializations who have an agreement with AUC is available at the Office of Medical Services, where referrals can be made.