Fellowships Listings

Important Notes

  • The graduate admission application must be submitted at least two weeks before the fellowship deadline.
  • Applicants do not need to receive their admission decision prior to submitting a graduate fellowship application online.
  • Graduate diploma-seeking students are not eligible for institutional fellowships.
  • Master of Engineering and Master in Computing degree-seeking students are not eligible for institutional fellowships.
  • Non-degree students are not eligible for institutional fellowships.
  • AUC community members, faculty, staff, and dependents cannot benefit from fellowship support alongside The American University in Cairo's (AUC) tuition remission benefits.
  • Graduate students found in breach of academic integrity will be automatically rendered ineligible for fellowship support.
  • For study-abroad non-degree graduate students' possible financial support, click here.
  • International students may be eligible for a monthly housing allowance or accommodation in the AUC residences at the AUC New Cairo campus, based on need.


Master Degree Program Specific Fellowships (sorted by discipline)

Teaching Assistantships

Assistantships are awards made to graduate-level teaching assistants who do not receive tuition waivers.

Eligibility: Fully accepted graduate students enrolled in one or more courses or actively engaged in thesis work are given preference over those not enrolled in a graduate program. Applicants who have completed their MA or MS, are preparing for a PhD, and have or are receiving academic degree training may also receive assistantships.
To Apply: Application for teaching assistantships is made to the academic department of concern.

For further information on teaching assistantships, click here.

AUC Funding

Center for Arabic Study Abroad (CASA@AUC)

Fellowships are offered by The American University in Cairo (AUC) under the Department of  Arabic Language Instruction (ALI). The 12-month scholarship is offered to American students and all other nationalities who are advanced learners of Arabic. The scholarship covers the tuition, travel and a monthly stipend along with a rich cultural program in Egypt and in Cairo.

For information and applications, visit CASA@AUC.

External Assistance
Other than the opportunities described above, international students have previously obtained external support from the following sources:

Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership’s Scholarship (GSEP), which is awarded to full-time master’s students from developing countries studying in fields related to sustainable energy development. For more information, click here.

Rotary Foundation International Scholarships for one year of graduate or language study. Contact: Student’s local Rotary Club or Rotary Foundation of Rotary International, 1 Rotary Center, 1560 Sherman Avenue, Evanston, Illinois 60201.

Fulbright Grants for one year of graduate study are available to US citizens. Contact: Student’s campus Fulbright Program adviser or Institute of International Education, 809 United Nations Plaza, New York, New York 10017.

Federal Stafford Student Loans can be used by US citizens or permanent residents for graduate degree studies only. For more information about federal loans, click here.

Veterans Administration Educational Benefits are applicable to graduate degree studies at AUC. For more information, click here.

Canadian students may inquire about AUCC-Foreign Government Awards for graduate study in Egypt at the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada, 350 Albert Street, Suite 600, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1, Canada.

The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): This support is available to graduate students in the Political Science joint program with the University of Tubingen (Comparative and Middle East Politics and Society - CMEPS). For more details, click here.