Al Alfi Foundation STEM Master's Degree Fellowships
The Alfi Foundation STEM master’s degree fellowship program is a collaboration between Al Alfi Foundation for Human and Social Development and The American University in Cairo (AUC), represented by the Computer Science and Engineering Department (CSCE), to partially support STEM master's degree programs at AUC.
This fellowship program is intended to enable qualified Egyptian science and engineering graduates to attend AUC’s computer science graduate program on a partial tuition coverage basis.
- Egyptian nationals
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor of Science with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Willingness to commit to this fellowship for the duration of the study
- Willingness to commit to full-time study every semester (enrollment in 9 credit hours every semester)
A maximum of five semesters with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Partial tuition coverage; the students will cover 50% of tuition fees every semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Book Allowance
- AUC bus fees
- May cover remedial English language requirements
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Commit to a full-time status throughout the duration of the study, enrolling in 9 credit hours per semester
- Commit to this fellowship program for the duration of the study
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadline communicated. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes; attendance of fellowship events including any meetings/events as requested by the relevant university entities
Deadline: April 15 for the fall semester, October 17 for the spring semester