Nadia Niazi Mostafa Endowed Fellowship in Islamic Art and Architecture
The Nadia Niazi Mostafa Endowed Fellowship in Islamic Art and Architecture is a competitive award offered annually to new or continuing Egyptian students enrolled in the graduate program in Arabic studies with a specialization in Islamic art and architecture who wish to pursue full-time study.
- Open to Egyptian nationals
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements to the graduate program in Arabic studies with a specialization in Islamic art and architecture
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
Two semesters of full-time graduate study are subject to renewal for a second year based on the availability of funds.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Monthly stipend
Responsibilities of Fellows
The fellow is assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes or attendance of fellowship events, including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships, click here.
Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application.
Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application.
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester and October 17 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.