Dr. Ahmed and Ann M. El-Mokadem Fellowships
No new intake for spring 2023.
The fellowships are designed to support highly qualified Egyptian students who are interested in pursuing full-time graduate studies in the fields of economics and economics in international development, finance, gender and women studies, MBA, middle east studies, political science, refugee and migration studies, philosophy or sustainable development at AUC. Applicants should be committed to completing the degree requirements in a maximum period of four semesters.
- Egyptian applicants to any of the following graduate studies programs: Economics and Economics in International Development, Finance, Gender and Women Studies, MBA, Middle East Studies, Political Science, Refugee and Migration Studies, Philosophy or Sustainable Development at AUC.
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate full admissions requirements
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
Awarded for a maximum of four semesters, subject to review every semester for academic performance.
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Must maintain full-time status
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here.
Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
Deadline: October 17 for the spring semester and April 15 for the fall semester.
For inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.