Dr. Ahmed and Ann M. El-Mokadem Fellowships
The fellowships are designed to support highly qualified Egyptian students who are interested in pursuing full-time graduate studies in the fields of economics and economics in international development, finance, gender and women studies, MBA, middle east studies, political science, refugee and migration studies or sustainable development at AUC. Applicants should be committed to completing the degree requirements in a maximum period of four semesters.
- Egyptian applicants to any of the following graduate studies programs: Economics and Economics in International Development, Finance, Gender and Women studies, MBA, Middle East Studies, Political Science, Refugee, and Migration Studies or Sustainable Development at AUC.
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
Awarded for a maximum of four semesters, subject to review every semester for academic performance.
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Must maintain full-time status (nine to 12 credit hours per semester)
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantship, click here
Deadline: October 15 for the spring semester and April 15 for the fall semester
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org