Al Alfi Biotechnology Fellowship
The Al Alfi Biotechnology fellowship program is jointly offered by Al Alfi Foundation and The American University in Cairo (AUC) represented by its School of Science and Engineering (SSE). The program is designed to prepare future scientists and industrial leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science and engineering. The program is intended to enable qualified Egyptian science and engineering graduates to attend AUC’s reputable biotechnology program on a full tuition-free scholarship basis. The long-term objective of the program is to develop the manpower for research and development in the region by providing the skill sets for future scientists who are easily recruited to biotechnology and pharmaceutical industrial positions in Egypt and the region.
- Egyptian nationals
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor of science with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Relevant scientific research background
- Financial need
A maximum of two years with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Book allowance
- Bus transportation fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows must participate on a full-time basis in a research project at AUC for the duration of their study. Fellows must participate in a number of extracurricular activities designed to enrich their experience and nurture their potential for leadership in the industry.
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships please click here
Deadline: April 15 for the fall semester
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org