Tarek Juffali Endowed Fellows Program
The Tarek Juffali Endowed Fellows Program aims at providing students from Egypt and the Arab world with the opportunity to obtain a two-year Master of Arts or a one-year graduate diploma in international counseling and community psychology.
Candidates who can contribute to the strengthening of families and communities in Egypt and the region by being committed and motivated professionals capable of addressing urgent psychological and mental health issues are eligible to apply.
- Egyptians and nationals from the Arab world
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements to international counseling and community psychology programs
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Relevant professional experience in community or public service and demonstrated the commitment to others
Two academic years and the intervening summer session or the one-year diploma program, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fee
- Medical service and health insurance fees (for international graduate students)
Responsibilities of Fellows
Fellows will be assigned eight hours per week to work on counseling and community-based projects as required by the department. Fellows are expected to participate in internships, social service organizations, and regional and international conferences. Also, they are expected to attend workshops and training sessions.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantship, click here
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester, October 15 for the spring semester
For inquiries, email email@example.com