The Giulio Regeni Memorial Fellowship
The Giulio Regeni Memorial Fellowship provides support to an outstanding new or continuing graduate student who wishes to pursue full-time study (nine credit hours or as required by the program) in one of the graduate programs of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements to the School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Full admission to one of the graduate programs in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
- The fellowship is awarded for one semester, subject to renewal for up to two years upon the recommendation of the department and/or school
- It may be renewed for a second year with the approval of the school dean
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fee
Responsibilities of Fellows
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships, click here.
Note: Applicants must apply to the University fellowships to be considered for the Giulio Regeni Memorial Fellowship.
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester and October 17 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.