Fellowships in teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (TAFL) are offered annually to full-time students who wish to pursue a master's degree in TAFL and to acquire language teaching experience at AUC.
- Open to all nationalities
- Full admission to the TAFL program
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements to the TAFL program
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Special consideration in selection is given to those with previous TAFL experience and/or excellent qualifications in the Arabic language
- Financial need
One semester subject to review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
- The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Medical service and health insurance fees (for international fellows)
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows teach eight hours of Arabic per week
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here.
Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester and October 17 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email to email@example.com.