Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program
Accepting applications for Fall 2021
Fellowship application will be available online starting March 15, 2021
In May 2011, Yousef Jameel, working with the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP), initiated the Yousef Jameel Public Leadership Program, with the overall objective of building the capacity of young competent Egyptian nationals in the areas of public policy and public administration and preparing them for leadership roles in Egypt after the January 25 revolution.
By supporting 300 fellows in 12 cohorts of 25 Egyptian graduate students per year, the Yousef Jameel public leadership program will have contributed to creating a cadre of well educated, competent graduates ready to take on the responsibility of affecting change in the Egyptian society.
A selected number of exceptional candidates are to receive a complete fellowship to pursue a master's degree in one of the following eight programs at AUC:
- Master of Arts in International Human Rights
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Arts in Middle East Studies (MA)
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies with concentrations in migration, and in refugee studies (MA)
- Master of Global Affairs (MGA)
- Master of Law in International and Comparative Law (LLM)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Egyptian nationals
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in social sciences (business administration, management, political science, law, and others), engineering (mechanical, electrical, construction, and others) or science (pharmacy, medicine, computer science, chemistry, and others)
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 or a rating of gayed geddan
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including an international TOEFL IBT or an IELTS exam score
- Minimum of two and a maximum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience after receiving their bachelor degree, preferably in public, nonprofit or international development organizations; graduates of 2009 - 2019
- Continuing students will only be considered if they have only finished a maximum of 6 credit hours (2 course) by September 2021.
- Holders of LLB degree with grade 'Good' could be considered for the selection process on a case-by-case basis.
Students must complete their master's degrees within a period of two and a half years including an optional semester as a study-abroad. The fellowship is subject for review every semester.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Student services and activities fees
- Remedial English courses
- Book allowance per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation allowance for non-residents of Cairo
- Bus transportation fees
- Study abroad opportunity for one semester according to AUC student exchange policies (travel and living expenses)
Step 1: Check how to apply and apply online for AUC's graduate admission and submit all supporting documents including the English language exam results; TOEFL IBT (www.ets.org) or IELTS (The British Council) / (https://www.idp.com/egypt/)
Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application
- Graduate application: April 1, 2021
- Fellowship application: April 15, 2021
For more information about the program, send an email or call t: +20.2.2615.3350/3466.