Fellowships for Refugees
The Fellowships for Refugees are competitive fellowship awards for bright, highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing a master degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to a number of refugees for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
- Refugee status
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
Two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Housing allowance or accommodation at the University residences based on need
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- May cover remedial English courses and Pre-requisite courses
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantship, click here
Deadline: February 16 and April 15 for the fall semester and November 3 for spring.
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.