Mohammed Bin Abdulkarim A. Allehedan Fellowship
The Mohammed Bin Abdulkarim Allehedan Endowed Scholarship and Scientific Research Fund Program is offered at The American University in Cairo (AUC) represented by its School of Science and Engineering (SSE). The fund aims are to support talented and financially disadvantaged students and encourage specialized scientific research in uncommon disciplines in the Arab world. It also aims to support scientific achievements, research, and Arabs innovative and creative cultural contributions to various life activities on the humanity level. The program is intended to enable qualified students from the Arab World to attend one of AUC‘s PhD or masters of science and engineering on a full tuition fees coverage.
- Nationals from the Arab world
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Bachelor of science or engineering from an accredited university
- Relevant scientific research background
- Financial need
Eligibility for applicants to the PhD
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Submission of a preliminarily proposed dissertation topic and a research outline, specifying how the topic is related to one or more of the research priority areas
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score, as per the PhD program requirements
Two years for the master's degree and four years for PhD, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of 9 credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Housing allowance or accommodation in the University Residences for non-resident of Cairo
- Monthly stipend
- Book allowance
- Bus transportation fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work. PhD fellows are assigned 30 hours per week of research and teaching work in the department. Fellows must participate in a number of extracurricular activities designed to enrich their experience and nurture their potential for academic excellence.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here
Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester and October 15 for the spring semester
For inquiries, email email@example.com