Kamal Adham Fellowship for Television and Digital Journalism
The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified graduates of journalism and mass communication programs as well as professionals in mid-career television and digital journalism positions who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) towards a one and a half year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC.
- All nationalities
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0
- Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry
- Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism
- An interview with the program director is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential, and communication skills
- Financial need
Two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
Partial tuition fees for a maximum of eight credits per semester
May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed
Student services and activities fees
Fellows are assigned up to 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work
Responsibilities of Fellows
A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties
For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships, click here
Deadline: April 15 for the fall semester and October 15 for the spring semester.