Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship
Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship is jointly offered by the Al Alfi Foundation and AUC, represented by the center for sustainable development. The program is designed to identify and prepare future leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science, engineering, business, policy, and social sciences. Fellowship applicants must possess professional experience and exceptional skills, as well as an outstanding passion for sustainable development. The program enables qualified Egyptian applicants to the master in science in sustainable development to receive a waiver of tuition fees. Three candidates will be accepted into the program on a yearly basis. The long-term objective of the program is to develop a new cadre of entrepreneurial leaders who are capable of filling critical positions in industry, public sector and civil society organizations in Egypt, and who can successfully integrate technical, business and social skills to contribute to comprehensive sustainable development in Egypt and beyond.
- Egyptian nationals
- Candidates must have a background in science, engineering, policy, business or social sciences
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Provide a written statement that outlines their research and/or professional experience, as well as their future career goals
A maximum of two years with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
Cost of books
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Complete the program in two years and participate in a number of relevant extra-curricular activities (events, seminars, workshops, training sessions, volunteering and community service) in order to enrich their experience and become leaders in sustainable development. Fellows are assigned a maximum of 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships please click here
Deadline: April 15 for the fall semester