What does the CASA@AUC full-year program offer?
- A program for advanced students from the USA and other nationalities.
- A dedicated full-year academic program in both Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and spoken Egyptian dialect, enabling students to reach a near-native fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Theme and content-based instruction curriculum that makes use of special materials, integrated with certain skills and real-world tasks.
- Cultural understanding through community engagement components, trips, and tours and lectures that complement the classroom sessions gives the students an opportunity to practice the language in the streets of Cairo while learning about Egyptian culture, people, values, and traditions.
Who can apply to CASA@AUC?
- Advanced learners with at least three years of previous Arabic language study, capable of passing the highly competitive and selective admission process and sustaining a full year of intensive dedicated commitment to studying Arabic.
- Students who are already enrolled or who seek to enroll in post-graduate programs.
- Graduates and senior undergraduates (who by the start of the program will be graduates), interested in advanced Arabic language study.
- Serious, research-oriented individuals with an advanced Arabic background.
What does the CASA@AUC scholarship cover?
- Full tuition for 32 credit hours over three semesters, summer 2022, fall 2022, and spring 2023.
- Monthly stipend for 12 months.
- One round flight ticket with a cap of $1600, economy ticket. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on ticket caps for different geographical destinations.
- Arrival pick up from the airport.
- Check the Pay Your Own Way (PYOW).
Fees that CASA@AUC scholarship does not cover:
Note that if any scholar decides to withdraw at any point of the program, they must pay the full program scholarship back.
CASA@AUC PYOW candidates must agree:
- To assume all financial responsibility for participation, abide by the rules and regulations as a CASA@AUC scholar, and consider this agreement binding until the end of the program.
PYOW expenses for CASA@AUC applicants for 2022-2023 program costs and expenses are subject to change for each year.