Lafarge PhD Fellowship
The Lafarge PhD Fellowship will support one deserving female graduate student to pursue her PhD degree in construction engineering, to be equipped as a leader in this field of study.
- Open to female Egyptian nationals
- Meet AUC's PhD graduate full admissions requirements
- Bachelor of Science or engineering from an accredited university, with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Relevant scientific research background
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
The fellowship is awarded for a maximum duration of four years, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Research grant possible awarded competitively as per the graduate students support grants system at AUC
- Student services and activities fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Must maintain full-time status
- PhD fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of teaching assistantship duties
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed per University requirements
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed per University requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties
- For details and more information about teaching assistantship, click here
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes or attendance of fellowship events, including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant University entities
Deadline: April 15 for the fall semester and October 17 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email to email@example.com