Business Forward is AUC's School of Business creditable destination for business knowledge, insight and analysis on Egypt and the Arab regions. It includes business and economy content, covering the latest trends and developments across industries.
Below is a list of articles produced by Business Forward on Climate Change:
- [Podcast] Live from COP27: Economics students reflect on loss and damage
- Developed countries played a dirty game on climate. Will humanity pay the price?
- How business schools can help Africa handle the impending climate crises
- Electric vehicles: a future fraught with challenges, and clean air
- Between climate denial and facts: is now the time to restrict fossil fuels use?
- How can Egypt achieve its green hydrogen ambitions?
- Egyptian businesses too can help save the planet
- [Infographic] DCode: COP 27, It’s not just the government and big businesses
- Net zero: How CIB Egypt is doing it
- Our factories to be carbon neutral by 2025, says L’Oréal Egypt Managing Director
- How Vodafone Egypt shapes its corporate responsibility to enable inclusive and sustainable digital societies
- Closing ceremony of social responsibility campaign awards responsible business models
Alternative Policy Solutions: Founded in 2017, Alternative Policy Solutions (APS) is a non-partisan, public policy research project at the American University in Cairo (AUC). Using a highly collaborative and inclusive approach in collaboration with national stakeholders and international experts, APS develops policy solutions that realize public aspirations and support policymakers. To date, and in collaboration with over 100 international and local experts, APS is proud to have developed policy papers, produced short films, podcasts, commentaries, and hosted public events on critical policy issues such as education, transportation, urban development, healthcare, and climate change. APS has been working on climate change and environmental sustainability issues since 2018. Below are the products the research center has produced including research and multimedia products, as well as the experts it has worked with.
- Agriculture and Local Adaptation to Climate Change in the MENA
- Circularity: A Green Recovery Industrial Strategy for Egypt
- Egypt's Circular Economy: Challenges and Opportunities in Textiles, Plastics and Cement
- Reimagining our Streets
- Re-imagining Our Streets: Inclusive Streets For All Not For a Few
- Towards Transit-Centric New Desert Communities in the Greater Cairo Region
- New Desert Communities in the Greater Cairo Region
- Policy Paper: Water Management in Egypt
- Background Paper: Water Resources Management in Egypt: Assessment and Recommendations
Other Resources from APS
Watch video by APS introducing the circular economy model, which reconciles 'developing countries’ urgent need for rapid economic growth and poverty alleviation with the need to avoid costly and irreversible environmental damage and social inequalities' (Saqr, 2021).
Watch video by APS explaining Egypt's potential to produce solar energy and the ways of financing it for domestic uses, which would preserve the environment and provide alternatives to citizens under the high prices of electricity.
Watch video by APS exploring possible solutions of redesigning Egyptian streets to be more inclusive of pedestrians, cyclists, and public transport, in an attempt to ensure smooth traffic.
GAPP Policy Brief: Issued by the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy
Policy Brief Issue 18, 2022
Are Cities the Causes of or the Solutions to Climate Change? - José A. Puppim de Oliveira
Policy Brief Issue 19, 2022
The Climate-Gender Nexus: A Deep Dive into the Egyptian Women’s Agricultural Sector - Logine Ahmed and Yehia Shaheen
Policy Brief Issue 20, 2022
Shedding Light on Resilience Policy: Case Studies from Egypt, India, and the UK - Noura Wahby, Albert Sanghoon Park, and Rekha Bhangaonkar
RADUC: The student Caravan podcast
Explore the past, present and future of AUC's journey to sustainability on RADUC, the student Caravan podcast, featuring Yasmin Mansour (MSc '16), sustainability director at AUC.
For downloadable Climate Change logos, powerpoint templates and email signatures, click here.