Academic Achievement Scholarship
Last updated on February 25, 2021
Students Admitted in the 2014 - 2015 Academic Year
The achievement scholarship is granted up to the top 25 percent of degree-seeking undergraduate students. The scholarship award covers up to 30 percent of the full AUC tuition.
To maintain the achievement award:
- Students in ELI (0101,0102) or English 0210 students must pass their courses.
- Other students must maintain full-time status (a minimum of 12 institutional registered credit hours per semester) and a cumulative GPA of 3.4.
Students will be evaluated every semester (fall and spring semesters) after attending the University for two semesters and registering in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester. Students will pay their winter or summer tuition fees according to their previous evaluated status.
Students who have not received an award upon their admission, or who have lost their award, can gain the achievement scholarship award provided that they:
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75 or above
- Complete 30 cumulative institutional hours or above at the time of the evaluation and
- Maintain full-time status (a minimum of 12 institutional credit hours)
Students Admitted Before the 2014 - 2015 Academic Year
The achievement scholarship is granted to the top 25 percent of the degree-seeking new undergraduate students for a one-year period, which is revised annually. The scholarship amounts to 30 percent of the full tuition fees.
Students admitted before the academic year 2010 - 2011 will be evaluated after the summer session.
Students admitted starting academic year 2010 - 2011 will be evaluated as follows:
- Students enrolled in the fall semester will be evaluated after the summer session.
- Students enrolled in the spring semester will be evaluated after the winter session.
Students will retain their achievement scholarship as long as they maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and full-time status (a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester). Students who take remedial English courses or English 0210 during the fall or spring semesters of the previous academic year will retain their achievement scholarship at the same level. Transfer credits are not counted in the achieved hours. Students who have either lost their scholarship or joined the University with no achievement scholarship may be granted the achievement scholarship if they maintain full time status (a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) and achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or above for a minimum of 30 credit hours of work at AUC at the evaluation period. Transfer credits are not counted in the achieved hours.