Office of Sponsored Programs
About the Office
The Office of Sponsored Programs represent the University in its dealings with external sponsors. The office assists faculty members in identifying potential funding sources, as well as developing and submitting proposals. Additionally, the office administers all awards and monitors compliance with the sponsor's rules and regulations, as well as AUC's policies and procedures.
The Office of Sponsored Programs has been serving AUC at large for more than 25 years. It has managed more than 900 contracts, grants and cooperative agreements from international organizations, foundations and corporations, in addition to the U.S. federal government and the European Union. Read More
- Advises AUC faculty of funding opportunities, deadlines and requirements for external funding for research, projects and programs of interest to the University.
- Counsels and assists faculty and staff of the AUC in the conceptualization, preparation and delivery of proposals for external funding, including proposal-writing workshops and assistance in budget development.
- Reviews and analyzes of proposals for external funding, on behalf of the central administration, to ensure that requirements and standards of the University are met; ascertaining that all reviews and approvals have been secured; and ensures that appropriate administrators have concurred with the commitments of University resources. (All proposals for external support which involve the University in any way, must be reviewed by the central administration, except those covered by a specific delegation of this authority which has been granted to the School of Continuing Education, Engineering Services and Institute of Management Development for certain of their activities.)
- Monitors and supports for implementation and administration of externally funded programs; including negotiating, monitoring compliance, and assisting faculty and administration during program implementation.
- Assists the University administration in maintaining policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate use of external funding, including review of existing ones and introduction of new ones as necessary.
Administration Building, Room G005, Ground Floor, AUC New Cairo
Sunday - Thursday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm