Office of Sponsored Programs
About the Office
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) represents the University in its dealings with external sponsors. The office assists faculty members in identifying potential funding sources, as well as developing and submitting proposals. Additionally, the office administers all awards and monitors compliance with the sponsor's rules and regulations, as well as AUC's policies and procedures.
The Office of Sponsored Programs has been serving AUC at large for more than 37 years. It has managed more than 1,600 contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements from international organizations, foundations, and corporations, in addition to the US federal government and the European Union.
Mission, Vision and Values
The Office of Sponsored Programs is dedicated to assisting faculty in the acquisition and management of extramural funds to advance the mission, vision, and strategic goals of AUC. The office provides support, expertise, and resources to develop and submit competitive proposals. In addition, OSP proficiently administers all awards in accordance with the sponsor's rules and regulations as well as AUC's policies and procedures.
To align with AUC's Strategic Priorities Roadmap, the Office of Sponsored Programs will bolster the University community and create an atmosphere in which faculty members are encouraged to pursue research and other functions and further applied knowledge through external funding. The Office of Sponsored Programs will grow into an internationally recognized model in Egypt and the region.
- Resourcefulness and Competence: Our resources and experience coupled with our knowledge of AUC's resources enable us to creatively and effectively deal with potentially challenging situations.
- Teamwork: Our team is supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another, and care for each other both personally and professionally.
- Collaboration: We created strong partnerships, within and outside of AUC, which we continuously seek to strengthen and broaden. These local and international partnerships keep us updated with best practices that we adapt to serve AUC more effectively.
- Passion for Results: We show pride, enthusiasm, and dedication in everything that we do to proliferate AUC faculty’s chances of getting funded.
- Excellence: We strive to excel in every aspect of our services and approach every challenge with a determination to succeed.
- Integrity: We merit transparency in all our decisions and actions and promote responsible research practices to align with national and international regulations and ethical principles.
- Purpose: Our efforts are centered around our internal mission, vision, and values, the faculty we support, and ultimately, AUC’s mission as an institution to make significant contributions to Egypt and the international community.
- Advise AUC faculty on external funding opportunities, sponsor requirements and deadlines for research projects and programs, in compliance with the University’s goals and objectives.
- Counsel and assist faculty and staff at AUC in the conceptualization, preparation, and delivery of proposals for external funding, including proposal-development and assistance in budget development.
- Review and analyze proposals for external funding, to ensure that requirements of the sponsor are fulfilled and the proposal is compliant with the University’s policies and procedures; ascertain that all reviews and AUC internal approvals have been secured; and ensure that appropriate administrators have concurred with the commitment of the University’s resources.
- Monitor and support implementation and administration of externally funded programs, including negotiating, compliance monitoring, and assisting faculty and administration during program implementation.
- Assist the University administration in maintaining policies and procedures necessary to ensure the appropriate use of external funding, including the review of existing ones and the introduction of new ones, as necessary.
Meet the Team
Executive Assistant to Associate Provost
Senior Director, Pre-Awards
Senior Proposal Officer
Senior Director, Awards and Operations
Senior Director, Federal Awards
Senior Director, Federal and EU Awards
Senior Director, Corporations and Foundations
Senior Awards Officer
Senior Federal Awards Officer