Principal Investigator Support Unit
The Principal Investigator Support Unit's mission is to assist principal investigators (PIs) in quality management of sponsored programs grants’ budgets through handling related financial and logistical aspects; while providing a highly customer-oriented and optimized level of service, and ensuring compliance with the sponsor requirements as well as AUC policies and procedures.
To grow into a highly recognized center of expertise and excellence in grants budget management and establish a leading role for the Unit within AUC and the region.
- Customer-Centered Service
- Innovative Thinking
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning the grant’s activities financial needs with the PIs, and coordinating with other AUC partner departments to fulfill them throughout the project life-cycle
- Financial management and implementation of the project in accordance with sponsor requirements
- Initiating transactions, and handling related logistics such as, but not limited to, compensation, purchases, travel
- Tracking and controlling expenditures versus budget
- Financial/budget analysis and re-budgeting as needed
- Ensuring that cost-sharing or matching commitments are fulfilled and reported in a timely manner
- Preparing informal financial progress reports and reviewing the official draft reports prepared by GAS
- Coordinating and liaising with OSP, GAS, and other partner departments throughout the entire process
PISU Workflow Process Manual
This document describes the PISU role and work process with PIs, and other partner departments, to help them in the administration of sponsored projects at AUC. Download the PISU workflow process manual here.
PISU-Related Planning Forms
Approval Queues Form
Download the approval queues form here.
Project Activities Timeline
Download the project activities timeline here.
Download the purchasing plan form here.
Download the staffing plan form here.