Fellowships in teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) are offered annually to full-time students who wish to pursue a master's degree in TESOL and to acquire language teaching experience at The American University in Cairo.
- Open to all nationalities
- Full admission to the TESOL program
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 or very good
- Meet AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and needed documents
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- Native or near-native proficiency in English
- Special consideration in selection is given to those with: TESOL experience in the Middle East; knowledge of Arabic or other languages; BA degree or course work in linguistics, English or a related field
- Financial need
Fellowships are offered in the Department of English Language Instruction for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
The fellowship covers:
- Full or partial tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Non-residents of Egypt are provided with accommodation in the University Residences or with a monthly housing allowance, medical service and health insurance fees, and one-way home travel.
- Fellows pursue degree study and teach eight hours of English per week.
Responsibilities of Fellows
In support of their professional training, fellows teach eight hours of English per week.
February 15 and April 15 for the Fall semester
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org