Fellowships in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) are offered to full-time students who wish to pursue a master's degree in the TESOL program and acquire language teaching experience at The American University in Cairo.
- Open to all nationalities
- For new graduate degree-seeking students, satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Full admission to the TESOL program, satisfying the English language requirements for the TESOL fellowship
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- For continuing students, to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Native or near-native proficiency in English
- Special consideration in selection is given to those with TESOL experience in the Middle East; knowledge of Arabic or other languages; BA or coursework in linguistics, English, or a related field
- Financial need
Two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Non-residents of Egypt are provided with accommodation in the AUC residences or with a monthly housing allowance. In addition, upon satisfactory completion of the MA degree, one-way airfare to the home destination will be covered by the fellowship. The ticket must be purchased through the AUC Travel Request online system
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows teach nine hours of English per week.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here.
Deadline: May 7 for the fall semester - October 26 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email to email@example.com