Al Alfi International and Comparative Education Fellowship
No new intakes.
The Al Alfi International and Comparative Education fellowship program is jointly offered by Al Alfi Foundation and The American University in Cairo (AUC). The program is designed to identify and prepare educators who are passionate about improving educational practice and policy in Egypt, the Middle East and beyond by focusing on education from an international and comparative perspective. Eligible students will gain professional educational skills in a global context of reform.
- Egyptian nationals
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Have school-based teaching or educational leadership experience prior to admission into the program, or they will acquire this experience concurrently with enrollment in the program
- Have basic instructional technology (computer) skills
- Financial need
A maximum of two years with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Be committed to the program for the duration of the study and participate in a number of relevant extra-curricular activities (events, seminars, workshops, training sessions) in order to enrich their experience as graduate students at AUC. Fellows are assigned a maximum of 12 hours per week of related academic work
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties
- For details and more information about Teaching Assistantship, click here
- Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Complete and submit the online fellowship application
Deadlines: No new intakes