Mission and Vision
Strategy Management and Institutional Effectiveness (SMIE) advances the mission and values of The American University in Cairo, by facilitating evidence-based decisions and a culture of assessment and integrated planning. SMIE is the University’s official source of information about itself, its peers and its educational environment.
SMIE will be recognized throughout the University community as well as in Egypt, the region and internationally for its leadership and innovation in planning, assessment, research and for the quality of its work.
- Collaboration: collaborating effectively with stakeholders both inside and outside the University to increase the quality and efficiency of our services
- Creativity: thinking “outside the box” with our stakeholders to find creative, innovative, integrated and effective evidence-based approaches to problems
- Excellence: producing consistently high-quality, highly accurate research and services, representing the best practices in the field and being responsive to the needs of the AUC community and external stakeholders
- Integrity: providing services characterized by personal and professional integrity in adherence to the highest ethical standards in the field
- Transparency: fostering a culture of transparency, open communication and evidence-based decision making, including sharing best practices, both within the University community and internationally, to contribute to the development of the field