Health Care and Insurance
The American University in Cairo (AUC) requires all international students to enroll in AUC’s comprehensive health insurance policy. Participation in the insurance plan is mandatory upon acceptance to AUC. AUC holds an insurance policy with Libano-Suisse Takaful Egypt.
What does the plan cover?
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Non-medical emergency evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Full coverage for hospital treatment
- Full coverage for ambulance transportation
- Full coverage for doctor’s visits
- Full coverage for prescribed medications
For more information about the plan benefits, click here.
Participation in the insurance plan is mandatory upon acceptance to AUC. The applicable fees below o will be charged to your student account:
Winter 2023: $56
Spring 2023: $156
All international students will have their own physical and digital insurance cards.
- For more information about the insurance guide, click here.
- To easily access and process requests, download the GlobeMed Fit application and follow these steps.
- For further details on prescription and compensation process applications, click here.
- For the GlobeMed Portal for network access, click here.
GlobeMed Team Contact
- For receiving your approval requests and inquiries, contact the team via WhatsApp at t: +2.010.6666.9888.
- For inquiries or any other support, call hotline number 15042.
- Approvals: The approval cycle is two hours upon sending all details and documents required, including the details regarding the provider and branch, to email@example.com.
- Chronic prescriptions: The chronic cycle approval will take one working day upon sending all the details and documents regarding obtaining the prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure all documents listed in the chronic guidelines are included to avoid delays and mention the member’s mobile number.
- Reimbursement inquiries and follow-ups: Send the reimbursement request to email@example.com. The reimbursement cycle is ten days for outpatient claims and 15 days for inpatient claims. For more details on the process, click here.
- Filing any complaints: Send an email regarding the complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that the member’s mobile number and medical ID are included in the email. The complaint desk will follow up with the member within one working day.