Hadhramout Foundation Scholarship for Yemeni Students
The Hadhramout Foundation scholarship is offered to Yemeni graduate students with excellent academic performance records who wish to pursue a graduate degree in any field at The American University in Cairo.
- Yemeni national
- Register for this scholarship with the Hadramout Foundation (see how to apply below)
- For new graduate degree-seeking students, admission to any graduate program at AUC, satisfying AUC graduate admissions requirements
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
The fellowship is awarded to cover the duration of the study with a maximum of five semesters, reviewed every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees coverage for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation in the University residences at the AUC New Cairo campus
- May cover conference or thesis research expenses for eligible fellows
- May cover academic English remedial courses
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows must maintain a full-time status
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Fellows are assigned a maximum of 12 hours per week of related academic work with the program and/or associated department
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
- For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here
To be considered for this fellowship, interested candidates must submit two separate fellowship applications: one to the Hadramout Foundation and one to AUC before each of their respective deadlines, as follows:
Step 1: Register for this fellowship through the Hadramout Foundation email
Step 2: Check how to apply to your program of choice at AUC and submit the online graduate admission application
Step 3: Submit the AUC online fellowship application form by April 15 for the fall semester and November 3 for the spring semester
For inquiries, send an email.