The Annual Conference for Excellence in Undergraduate Research, Entrepreneurship and Creative Achievement (EURECA)
EURECA is AUC's annual gathering of undergraduate students who share with an academic, multidisciplinary audience their best scholarly and innovative research and creative work. Students showcase and celebrate their original work, sharpening critical thinking, creative inquiry and expression skills (written, oral and visual) and engaging in interdisciplinary dialogue.
Undergraduates from all disciplines, from the first year to capstone, are invited to participate.
EURECA Conference is organized under the larger institutional celebration of research: The AUC Research and Creativity Convention (RCC).
EURECA includes student presentations from the following activities:
Research Excellence across the Disciplines
This is an opportunity for students enrolled in different majors to present their best discipline-based research work. Presentations that employ critical analysis, a sound research process and logical presentation are welcome.
- Research by undergraduate students, in any discipline, who have completed more than 45 credit hours (or the equivalent in year-based universities)
First-Year Research Experience (FYRE)
These are oral presentations by freshman students who have completed research-based projects in any 1000-level course, or freshman research program. FYRE encourages and celebrates freshman students' inquiry-based learning and research.
- All students with 45 credit hours or below who have completed research at the freshman level
This activity is only open for AUC students enrolled in the pre-credit language instruction courses offered by the Department of English Language Instruction. The presentations by ELI Explorers underline the university’s commitment to teach research skills and ignite a passion for research the minute a student steps into campus.
This is a celebration of multiple creative activities. Students present their work and share the experiences of the creative process, and the thematic and theoretical basis of their work. Creatopia activities include:
- Creative writing, script-writing, spoken word poetry
- Short film, documentary, podcasts
- Visual artwork and photography
- Graphic design
- Cartooning and graphic novels
- Creative game design
- Musical compositions
- Dance choreography
All undergraduate students are welcome to submit for review an Abstract describing their original creative work
Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Expo
This is a showcase of innovative student startup ideas across the disciplines.
- Students enrolled in Entrepreneurship classes
- Students developing business plans as a co-curricular activity
- Students with personal start-ups
Architectural Design Show
The Architectural Design Showcase is an opportunity to share students' innovations in design solutions and spatial innovations.
- Students majoring in Architectural Engineering and Design programs
Undergraduate Poster Competition
This competition invites undergraduate students to present their research using posters. Research posters are a common medium of presentation which engage a "walking" audience through text and attractive visuals. The idea should be complete and self-explanatory so that a viewer would understand the poster, even in the absence of a presenter.
- All undergraduate students, in any major
Poster Guidelines here.
Assessment criteria for Research Abstract or Description of Creative/Entrepreneurial Work
- Clear purpose, addressing a gap or opportunity
- Proposed work is an original contribution by the student
- Contribution employs methods acceptable in the discipline
- Research has a theoretical framework
- All external sources are cited
- Research with human participants has IRB approval
Guidelines, FAQs and Photo Gallery
- For the application guide, click here
- For frequently asked questions about EURECA, click here
- To view, the photo galleries of previous EURECA conferences, click here
Call for Proposals
The 15th EURECA Conference will take place on April 5-9, 2020.
Applications will open soon.