Task Force for AUC's participation in COP27
June 1, 2022
Dear AUC Community,
In relation to the 27th Conference of the Parties of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP27), to be hosted by Egypt in Sharm El Sheikh in November 2022, I am pleased to announce the formation of a university-wide Task Force for AUC's participation in COP27.
The Task Force is mandated with developing a master plan for the participation of AUC in COP27, comprising all activities taking place, or planned to take place, at AUC in this regard.
The Task Force membership entails:
- Dr. Hani Sewilam, Director of CARES, Chair
- VP Dina AbulFotuh, Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs, Member
- Dr. Fady Morcos, Assistant Provost for Innovative Learning Experiences, Member
- Dr. Hani Henry, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research, HUSS, Member
- Dr. Karim Seddik, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research, SSE, Member
- Dr. Naila Hamdy, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research, GAPP, Member
- Dr. Samer Atallah, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research, BUS, Member
Members of the Task Force will be reaching out to AUC community members for current and planned climate change activities that could be part of AUC's participation in COP27. AUC community members are also invited to contact the Associate Deans for Graduate Studies and Research in their respective schools with information on climate change activities AUC members are conducting, planning, or being involved in.
Adham Ramadan, PhD (Cantab), FRSC, CChem, CSci
Professor of Chemistry
Associate Provost for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies