Sexual and Reproductive Health
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines sexual and reproductive health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being in all matters relating to the reproductive system. This section focuses on assessing issues related to sexual and reproductive health inequities.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Reports and Actions
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Global aids update 2021
- COVID-19 and child marriage
- World Fertility and Family Planning 2020 Highlights
- Tracking women’s decision-making for sexual and reproductive health
- The UNICEF approach to the elimination of female genital mutilation
- ADDING IT UP: Investing in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Trends in Maternal Mortality
- Sexual and reproductive health in early and later adolescence
- Reproductive Health Policies 2017
- Global health sector strategy on sexually transmitted infections
Regional Strategies, Policies, Reports and Actions
Violence Against Women and Girls
Understanding FGM abandonment in Egypt
Sexual exploitation of children in the Middle East and North Africa
Estimating the Cost of Child Marriage in the Arab Region
Reproductive health equity in the Arab Region
Reproductive Health Equity in the Arab Region- Regional Report
Reproductive Health Inequalities in Egypt
Child marriage in the Middle East and North Africa
Assessment of Sexual and Reproductive Health
Sexual and reproductive health laws and policies
Reproductive health policies in the Arab Countries
Sharing Knowledge and Discussions
In support of knowledge sharing, this section offers a professional space for our members to share their scientific contributions (published papers, working papers, presentations, and blogs) that relate to Sexual and Reproductive Health. After a scientific review by our editorial members, the shared contribution will be announced and posted on the platform.
To share your contribution or any evidence or knowledge on the identified issues, send an email.
This section cites some of the most recent relevant published papers that addresses sexual and reproductive health.
- Intersections of immigration and sexual/reproductive health: An umbrella literature review with a focus on health equity, Alarcao V. etal. 2021.
- A Time change: Advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights in a new global era, Sadinsky S and Ahmed Z. 2021.
- Rights based approaches to sexual and reproductive health in low and middle-income countries: A systematic review, McGranahan M. etal. 2021.
- Sexual and reproductive health self-care in humanitarian and fragile settings: where should we start?, Tran N. etal. 2021.
- Emerging issues in male adolescent sexual and reproductive health care, Grubb L. etal, 2020.
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on partner relationships and sexual and reproductive health: Cross-sectional, online survey study, Li G. etal. 2020.
- The state of adolescent sexual and reproductive health, Liang M. etal. 2019.
- Accelerate progress—sexual and reproductive health and rights for all: Report of the Guttmacher–Lancet Commission, Starrs M. etal. 2018.
- Sexual and reproductive health self-care interventions in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: Findings from a cross-sectional values and preferences survey to inform WHO normative guidance on self-care interventions, Logie C . etal. 2021.
- Primary healthcare and child and maternal health in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA): A retrospective analysis of 29 national survey data from 13 countries, Nikoloski Z. etal. 2021.
- Women’s abuse experiences in Jordan: A comparative study using rural and urban classifications, Alsawalqa R. 2021.
- Assessment of sexual and reproductive health knowledge and awareness among single unmarried women living in Lebanon: a cross-sectional study, Hamdanieh M. etal. 2021.
- Integration of sexual and reproductive health services in the provision of primary health care in the Arab states: Status and a way forward, Kabakian-Khasholian T. et al. 2020.
- Sexually transmitted infections: Risk-factors among married female patients’ in Assiut, Egypt, El-Moselhy E. etal. 2020.
- Prevalence and predictors of postpartum depression in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: A cross sectional study, Seif Al Nasr R. etal. 2020.
- Postpartum depression in the Arab Region: A systematic literature review, Ayoub K , Shaheen A and Shakoor S. 2020.
- Reproductive health in Arab countries, Abdelbaqy M. 2019.
- Achieving sexual and reproductive health equity in the Arab region: A new role for the health sector, Rashad H. etal. 2019.
- Adolescents’ sexual and reproductive health in the Arab world, Wahba M. 2019.
- A qualitative study exploring child marriage practices among Syrian conflict-affected populations in Lebanon, Mourtada R, Schlecht J and DeJong J. 2017.
Events and Announcements
COVID-19 and sexual and reproductive health and rights: Crisis or opportunity?
Women's sexual and reproductive health and rights during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Shaping the new COVID-19 reality: Creating evidence-based solutions to sustain family planning
International conference on gender, sexual and reproductive health December 06-07, 2021 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Expert Group Meeting
Strengthening the Implementation of Prevalence Surveys on Violence against Women in the Arab Region
Resources for Researchers
- A tool for strengthening gender-sensitive national HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) monitoring and evaluation systems
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health toolkit for humanitarian settings 2020
- Data quality standards of practice for national HIV estimation models
- Guidance note: Preventing violence against women in politics
- Measuring effectiveness of female genital mutilation elimination: A compendium of Indicators
- Rapid assessment tool for sexual and reproductive health and HIV linkages: A generic guide
- Regional advocacy tool sexual and reproductive health and rights advocacy in Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen
- Violence against women and girls data collection during COVID-19
- Violence against women survey implementation toolkit: Complete questionnaire for a stand-alone survey
- Family planning and reproductive health (usaid.gov)
- Female genital mutilation (unicef.org)
- Female genital mutilation (who.int)
- Girls not brides
- Global Database on Violence against Women
- Guttmacher Institute
- International Planned Parenthood Federation
- Reproductive health (care.org)
- Reproductive health (cdc.gov)
- Reproductive health (emro.who.int)
- Sexual and reproductive health (unfpa.org)
- Sexual and reproductive health (unhcr.org)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- Virtual Knowledge Centre to End Violence against Women and Girls