The Science Slam invites young researchers to show their innovative ideas in a creative and concise presentation to a non-specialized audience. AUC Science Slam aims to propagate the awesome ideas of the young participants to the general public, which will enhance the contestants’ communication skills in a unique fashion, and will also inform the audience with the up-to-date science being developed, that is delivered in a fun way.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students from sciences, engineering, humanities and social sciences disciplines affiliated to one of the following universities: The American University in Cairo, Nile University, Zewail City of Science and Technology and Egyptian Japanese University of Science and Technology
- The contestants shall be presenting their thesis or project science ideas that are innovative, in a new exciting and entertaining way to a non-specialized audience in less than three minutes
- The eligible applicants are required to apply through the RCC website until February 15 and 20 contestants will be selected to present their ideas in the Science Slam event
- The 20 contestants will be selected such that diverse ideas are included, to cover a wide range of fields and applications. Innovative ideas delivered in fun ways will be given higher scores during selection. Selected contestants shall be notified by the Science Slam organizing committee and will be invited for rehearsals before the Slam date
The top three winners will be selected by the judges and audience to have presented their innovative ideas and delivered them in exciting ways that are comprehensible to the general audience in three minutes’ time. The top three winners will receive cash prizes as follows:
- First Prize: EGP 10,000
- Second prize: EGP 7,500
- Third prize: EGP 5,000
- The judging panel shall include high-caliber multi-disciplinary jury members who will evaluate the scientific content of the Slam, and how innovative it is, as well as the method of delivery to be exciting and grasped by the general public
- The audience will also get a chance to vote for the winners and the top three winners will be selected after the votes are collected from the judges and audience
- The time will be strictly monitored and the contestants are expected to finish their presentation during their exact allocated time
For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
To submit an application, click here.