Interdisciplinary Award for Artistic Delivery
The American University in Cairo values and supports collaborations between the physical sciences, behavioral sciences, fine arts and humanities, which have the potential to produce critical and creative insight into complex issues, and recognizes the power of film as a medium to address societal issues through telling stories, raising awareness and creating discussion. In light of this, the RCC Interdisciplinary Award for Artistic Delivery celebrates and awards the best original artistic delivery of a research idea presented through a collaborative work between AUC students from different disciplines.
- To recognize collaborations which integrate knowledge and processes from more than one discipline to produce an artistic piece of work with critical and creative insight. There are possible channels/mediums to deliver the research idea: fine and performing arts, and multimedia production.
- Teams consist of a minimum of three full-time AUC students from different disciplines.
- Student teams may be all graduates, all undergraduates, or a mix of both.
- Entries must not exceed six minutes in length, if multimedia or performing arts are chosen to be the medium.
- All entries must be the original work of the applicants.
- Applicants are responsible for the permissions for all materials included in the artistic piece of work.
- Sponsored by the Office of the Provost, the prize is $1,000 (the equivalent paid in Egyptian Pounds), to be given at the closing session of the annual Research and Creativity Convention, in a formal recognition of the best Interdisciplinary Award for Artistic Delivery.
- Applications will be evaluated on both their content and production value.
- Teams who have applied for this award need to present their Interdisciplinary artistic piece of work at the Research and Creativity Convention.
Deadline for Application
- April 1, 2018
- The Award Evaluation committee will consist of members from the University Research Board (URB), the Research and Creativity Convention Organizing Committee, distinguished members of faculty, alumni, and members of the Parents Association.