Work Permit and Residency
The Business Support Office welcomes you all to AUC.
The following are the steps in order to obtain a work permit and residency in Egypt.
- You need to fill a work permit data form on this link.
- Send a scanned copy of your passport and last education certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Support Office sends all the above documents to national security in order to obtain approval. This usually process takes from three to six months.
- To make your stay legal in Egypt, faculty members will take the HIV test and the Business Support Office will issue a temporary work permit and residency that will be valid for six months and can be renewed for another six months in case there’s a delay in governmental approvals.
- During this time, the Business Support Office will receive approvals and will issue the work permit and residency that will end on September 30, 2020 from every year. It will be renewed yearly at the same time.
- Faculty members will receive the HIV test on Tuesdays schedule by August 2020. They have to choose their appointment to do the HIV test at the AUC clinic. If needed to do it on any other day of the week, members will need to go to AUC Tahrir Square campus, room 421 to take the test at the Ministry of Health Central laboratories across the street there.
- The Business Support Office will update faculty members with a confirmed schedule beforehand. In that case, members are kindly requested to confirm the suitable time for them, bearing in mind that they need to go early in the morning (8:30 am to 9:00 am) and the Business Support office will arrange for one of their staff who will accompany members to do the HIV test after which they are taken to renew their residency at the immigration authorities.
- As the faculty member submits his/her original passport for the HIV test, he/she will need to stay in Egypt until the work permit process is finalized.
- If you need any further assistance, send an e-mail to Business.email@example.com.