Last updated | August 15, 2022
Case Reporting Protocol
This protocol provides guidance on the procedures to follow if a member of the community has been in close contact with someone with COVID-19. (Within 1.5 meters of an infected person for 15 minutes or more).
If you are a contact and have symptoms (e.g.: fever, sore throat, cough):
- Report your symptoms through the AUC Health Self-Check form.
- Stay home and keep apart from others.
- Wear a properly fitting, high-quality mask (e.g., N95, KN95) for five full days any time you are around others inside your home or in public.
- The Office of Medical Services will help you to schedule a free test (Antigen or PCR).
If you receive a positive test result:
Regardless of your vaccination status, isolate for at least 5 more days from the day you tested positive.
Stay home (unless you are getting medical care) or in your assigned isolation space on campus (if you are a residential undergraduate student).
Separate yourself from other people in your household, and wear a properly-fitting, high-quality mask (e.g., N95, KN95) for five full days any time you are around others inside your home or in public.
Rest and stay hydrated. Take over-the-counter medicines to help you feel better if needed.
Monitor any symptoms.
Do not host any visitors.
If you receive a negative test result:
You may resume your regular activities as soon as your symptoms disappear.
If you are a contact and have no symptoms:
- If you are not fully vaccinated and haven’t had COVID-19 in the past 30 days, stay home and quarantine for at least 5 days, after which a test is required (and will be provided at AUC’s expense). You report that you are a contact through the AUC Health Self-Check form and the medical team will guide you through the testing process.
- If are you fully vaccinated and boosted or had COVID-19 in the past 30 days, you do not need to be isolated.
Important Note: If you wish to have a test after 5 days of exposure, this test will be at your own expense, and not covered by the University. Speed Medical Stations that accept payments are the following:
1. Walk through station outside Gate 4, working hours 10:30 am to 10:00 pm
2. Drive through station between Gate 2 and 3, working hours 10:30 am to 10:00 pm
For any further questions on the testing program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case Reporting Protocol