This website provides the latest information about AUC's actions to respond to the spread of COVID-19, also called novel Coronavirus. The University is actively monitoring the local and global health situation and is taking precautionary measures in an effort to help limit the spread of infection.
Mandatory Online Health Self-Check (For Those Who Are Coming to Campus)
Effective September 1, all members of the community must perform a health self-check and answer a 30-second questionnaire on each day they plan to come to campus (New Cairo and Tahrir Square). You will not be admitted from the gate unless you present the results of the self-check to the security at the gates.
Messages to the Community
September 17, Update on PCR Tests for Egypt Arrivals
Effective immediately, all passengers traveling to Egypt from Japan, China, Thailand, North America, Canada, United Kingdom, France and Germany will be permitted to provide a negative PCR test certificate 96 hours prior to their flight departure due to the long travel and transit periods. Arrivals from all other countries must provide a negative PCR test result 72 hours prior to arrival.
September 8, COVID-19 Contact Tracing System
For the past several months, the Office of Medical Services has been conducting contact tracing of all highly suspect or confirmed cases of COVID-19 to help determine who else on campus may have been exposed. Once those exposed have been identified, the medical services staff notifies them of their possible exposure, without identifying the individual. To enhance the current tracing system, the University will be adding WiFi data to help the clinic identify contacts of cases with the assistance of technology, in addition to the current interview process.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
- Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity, researchers suggest----Telegraph, Sept 16
- Yes, you can have Covid-19 and the flu at the same time. Here's what that could do to your body----CNN, Sept 11
- Who Leads Colleges After COVID-19?--- Inside Higher Ed, Sept 9
- AstraZeneca pauses coronavirus vaccine trial after unexplained illness in volunteer---CNN, Sept 8
- Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine could be ready for approval by mid-October -- but there are still 'unknowns'----CNN, Sept 8
- This might be your most important flu shot ever----CNN, Sept 8
- Who Leads Colleges After COVID-19?---Inside Higher Ed, September 9
- AstraZeneca pauses coronavirus vaccine trial after unexplained illness in volunteer---CNN, September 8
- ---CNN, September 8
- This might be your most important flu shot ever---CNN, September 8
- Alert – PCR TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN VISITORS---US Embassy in Cairo
- How to wear a fabric mask safely---World Health Organization
- Frequently Asked Questions for US Embassy in Cairo---US Embassy in Cairo
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes---CDC
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings---CDC
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.