This website provides the latest information about AUC's actions to respond to the spread of COVID-19, also called novel Coronavirus. The University is actively monitoring the local and global health situation and is taking precautionary measures in an effort to help limit the spread of infection.
Messages to the Community
May 8, First Confirmed Covid-19 Case
Today, we learned that the first member of the AUC community has tested positive for Covid-19 on our Tahrir campus. The individual was transferred to a quarantine facility yesterday.
May 4, President’s Operational Excellence Initiative
Over the past six weeks, our community has demonstrated AUC’s characteristic resilience, determination, agility and spirit of collaboration in the face of the global pandemic. We can take pride in having achieved the twin goals we defined at the outset of protecting the health and safety of our community and saving the spring term for our students.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
- Alert – FLIGHTS AVAILABLE TO PARIS ON AIR FRANCE---US Embassy in Cairo
- Alert – FLIGHTS AVAILABLE FROM CAIRO TO FRANKFURT, GERMANY--- US Embassy in Cairo
- Which international destinations are reopening to tourists? ---CNN, May 30
- Playdates and the pandemic: Can kids safely meet up?---CNN, May 30
- One in 10 Covid-19 patients with diabetes die within a week, study finds----CNN, May 29
- Amid coronavirus, CDC offers guidelines on office reopenings---Fox News, May 28
- Airlines announce new coronavirus policies to adhere to social distancing----Axios, May 28
- Google rolls out program to combat coronavirus scams---The Hill, May 28
- Wearing a mask at home could help stop coronavirus spread among family members, study says---CNN, May 28
- When can you be around others? CDC updates coronavirus guidance---CNN, May 27
- Frequently Asked Questions for US Embassy in Cairo---US Embassy in Cairo
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes---CDC
- WHO cannot predict end of COVID-19 pandemic: Regional Official---WHO
- Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings, Especially in Areas of Significant Community-Based Transmission----CDC
- Should I wear a face mask?----World Health Organization
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.