This website provides the latest information about AUC's actions to respond to the spread of COVID-19, also called novel Coronavirus. The University is actively monitoring the local and global health situation and is taking precautionary measures in an effort to help limit the spread of infection.
Messages to the Community
May 8, First Confirmed Covid-19 Case
Today, we learned that the first member of the AUC community has tested positive for Covid-19 on our Tahrir campus. The individual was transferred to a quarantine facility yesterday.
May 4, President’s Operational Excellence Initiative
Over the past six weeks, our community has demonstrated AUC’s characteristic resilience, determination, agility and spirit of collaboration in the face of the global pandemic. We can take pride in having achieved the twin goals we defined at the outset of protecting the health and safety of our community and saving the spring term for our students.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
- Alert – FLIGHTS AVAILABLE TO PARIS ON AIR FRANCE---US Embassy in Cairo
- Alert – FLIGHTS AVAILABLE FROM CAIRO TO FRANKFURT, GERMANY--- US Embassy in Cairo
- Preparing for the Fall---Inside Higher Ed, June 3
- Is it safe to go to the beach, pool or park?---CNN, June 3
- Face Masks for General Public Can Help Contain Virus, Study Says---Bloomberg, June 2
- Protests across the U.S. prompt concerns over exacerbating the world's worst coronavirus outbreak---CNBC, June 1
- WHO says coronavirus isn't losing potency: 'This is still a killer virus'----CNBC, June 1
- Which international destinations are reopening to tourists? ---CNN, May 30
- Playdates and the pandemic: Can kids safely meet up?---CNN, May 30
- Pangolins may have incubated the novel coronavirus, gene study shows----CNN, May 29
- One in 10 Covid-19 patients with diabetes die within a week, study finds----CNN, May 29
- Learning and COVID-19----Inside Higher Ed, May 28
- Frequently Asked Questions for US Embassy in Cairo---US Embassy in Cairo
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes---CDC
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings---CDC
- WHO cannot predict end of COVID-19 pandemic: Regional Official---WHO
- Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings, Especially in Areas of Significant Community-Based Transmission----CDC
- Should I wear a face mask?----World Health Organization
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.