AUC Bus Service
The American University in Cairo (AUC) maintains an extensive bus service available to all members of the AUC community. Our buses cover 13 routes that travel between the AUC New Cairo and AUC Tahrir Square campus and through neighborhoods all over the city. Buses run on set schedules throughout the day, five days a week in addition to limited services on Saturday. For the 13 routes, we have 75 pick-up points and 100 drop-off points. Our comfortable coach buses have reclining seats, window curtains, and free Wi-fi on board.
In line with our efforts to keep the AUC community safe, the following measures are implemented for all buses on all of AUC’s bus routes:
- Face masks are mandatory while using AUC transportation
- Bus riders must submit their proof of vaccination before using AUC transportation
- Drivers will not be permitted to stop or open the bus door until the bus reaches its next stop/final destination
- No unaccompanied packages will be accepted for transport to either campus. However, bus riders are still allowed to bring on the bus necessary materials
- Logos/decals used to identify buses serving the AUC community are no longer in place
Summer Break Bus Schedule (July 25 - September 3, 2022)
|R1 - Maadi||R2 - Haram||R3 - El Rehab||R4 - Mokattam|
|R5 - Heliopolis||R6 - Nasr City||R7 - Shoubra El Kheema||R8 - El Manial|
|R9 - Zamalek/Agouza||R10 - Dokki||R11 - Ghamra/Shoubra||R12 - Downtown Tahrir|
There is no bus service on Fridays and official holidays.
Important Note: Face masks are mandatory at all times while using AUC transportation.