Exchange for Undergraduate Students
Studying abroad is an enriching experience that is valuable for students’ personal growth and can enhance career prospects.
Exchange program: An AUC student can choose a specific university from the list of AUC exchange universities to spend a semester or a year under the terms and conditions of each exchange partner university. Under the exchange program category, AUC students pay AUC tuition in return for students at the partner universities paying their tuition and coming to AUC. Students are fully responsible for their travel, housing and living expenses while abroad.
- IPSO will not support any applications to non-affiliated universities
- IPSO will not support applications to affiliate universities that do not go through the IPSO selection process
- Students must spend their last semester at AUC
- Students can take a maximum of 15 credit hours at the host university
- Students must pay AUC tuition fees for 15 credit hours even if they choose to enroll in less than 15 credit hours at the host university
Requirements for the Exchange
Interested students must fulfill the following requirements to apply for an exchange or a study-abroad opportunity:
- The student must be in good academic standing. Students placed on probation of any form will not be eligible. Good academic standing is identified as follows:
- For exchange: a minimum GPA of 2.8
- For study abroad: minimum GPA as requested by the host university
- The student must have completed his/her first year at AUC and preferably apply while in their sophomore year (A minimum of 24 credits during the time of application is accepted)
- The major declaration must be completed
- All students must complete the following freshmen-level core curriculum requirements:
- RHET 110/1010 - Analytical and Persuasive Writing (3 credits) and CORE 110/1010
- RHET 120/1020 - Research Writing (3 credits)
- Not eligible to apply if it will be the last semester at AUC
- Students on disciplinary probation (found to have committed conduct or academic integrity violations in the semester of applying for study abroad) are not eligible to apply. If they have already applied, their acceptances will be rescinded. If they have been nominated as exchange students, the partner institutions will be notified of their withdrawal for unspecified reasons.
Application Screening and Selection
Complete this form, including all required documents. Once the application file is complete, the review committee will screen applications, and the selection panel will interview nominees. The Selection Panel consists of; an IPSO staff member and a faculty member representing the applicant's school.
Applications go through the following screening stages:
- Eligibility screening for GPA and a complete application
- General evaluation of student resume and personal statement
Students who pass the above two stages will sit for a personal interview with a specialized panel.
The panel will evaluate the following:
- Academic performance (based on the submitted Transcript)
- Extracurricular activities (based on a CV)
- Host University Choices
- Work experience and internships (based on a CV)
*Students must be aware that members of the selection panel will view their transcript and any submitted documents at the time of application.
In addition to the minimum criteria listed above, students are subject to the specific admission criteria of each host university. Additionally, for the purpose of exchange, considering slots are usually limited, the review committee will make final decisions on the following rated criteria:
- Relevancy to academic progression as demonstrated through a personal statement
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to handle independent international travel and experience
- Diversity of academic and extracurricular activities pursued, as demonstrated in the CV or resume
*The host university has the right to accept/reject the nominated student according to criteria that match their rules and regulations. Sometimes, the host university will require IPSO to send them the applicant's files.
The undergraduate exchange application cycle for the spring 2024 semester will launch on February 12, 2023.
The deadline for IPSO to receive applications is February 26, 2023, at 4 pm.
A complete application must include all required documents. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.