Exchange/Study Abroad Program for Graduate Students
Study abroad is an enriching experience that is valuable for students’ personal growth and can enhance career prospects. The Office of International Programs and Services (IPSO) offers AUC graduate students exchange opportunities.
AUC students select from a list of partnered host universities around the world based on suitability in terms of courses offered by the host universities. If placed and nominated by IPSO, AUC students travel abroad for study under the terms and conditions of the exchange agreement between AUC and the partner-host, as well as AUC’s study abroad policy, found here. Under the exchange program model, students pay AUC tuition in return for students at the partner universities paying their home school tuition and coming to study at AUC.
Exchange opportunities usually take place in the third semester of a four-semester program. Not all graduate programs have exchange partners in the same discipline, so students should consult with their graduate advisers to determine eligibility.
Graduate students interested in applying for the exchange semester must fulfill all of the requirements below:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher (if you are applying in your first semester and don't have a GPA yet, your application will be considered on a provisional basis until your grades are finalized)
- Complete all English courses, if applicable
- Prior to travel: Graduate students traveling on an exchange basis must be enrolled in three courses (nine credit hours), excluding thesis and capstone courses, during the semester abroad at the host university. Students must maintain their full-time status, according to the AUC Loading... .
- For graduate students applying for exchange, please note that only 1/3 of your coursework can be transferred (excluding thesis and comprehensive exam credits). The number of transferable credits will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of three. For example, 7 credits would be 6, 8 credits would be 9 and so on, effective fall 2021. Check with the transfer credit unit regarding the maximum number of credits allowed for transfer according to your program.
- Graduate students applying to an exchange program must be in good academic standing. In other words, students should not be on academic probation from the time they start the AUC interest form until the departure date
- Graduate students who are interested in studying abroad for a semester but not on an AUC exchange program must check the study-abroad academic credits, course advising, evaluation and transfer requirements
Complete the online application by October 16, 2023.