Application Procedures and Timeline
Graduate exchange options are handled case-by-case basis due to the increased rules and regulations in graduate programs abroad. Students who wish to spend a semester abroad on exchange during their master’s program at The American University in Cairo (AUC) will need to map their master’s degree completion timeline and review their AUC degree audit.
Graduate Program Process
1. The spring 2024 application cycle will launch on February 12, 2023. Students must complete the Graduate Application form and submit the required documents on/before the deadline of February 27, 2023, at 4 pm.
- Required documents (two copies each):
- Unofficial university transcript (printout from Banner Self-Service)
- Updated resume
- Personal statement
2. The Office of International Programs and Services (IPSO) shares applicants' information with the respective graduate program directors.
3. Graduate program directors nominate students and inform IPSO of the nominees eligible for exchange opportunities.
4. IPSO and the Office of Graduate Students Services and Fellowships will hold interviews for the nominated graduate students.
5. IPSO will send an acceptance email to selected candidates.
6. The selected candidates will be nominated to partner universities by the IPSO.*
7. The selected candidates complete host university applications and ensure that all documents are submitted. Instructions will be sent to you from your IPSO advisor.
When deciding on the travel exchange semester, students must consider the timeline below:
|Fall Timeline||Spring Timeline||AUC-Sponsored Study Abroad Stages|
*Host universities reserve the right to accept or reject any nominated graduate students.