Academic Integrity Matters (AIM) Workshop
The AIM workshop is provided periodically throughout the semester. While it is primarily assigned as a sanction for students who violate the Code of Academic Ethics, it is open to the entire AUC community. The workshop is one day and is comprised of three lectures: time management, ethics and writing/plagiarism.
AIM dates will be added to the calendar on the homepage as they are organized.
Students who are sanctioned to attend should note the following:
- You are required to attend the workshop in its entirety.
- Students are asked to sign in and sign out. Students whose names do not appear on both sheets do not receive credit for being there.
- Arriving late or leaving early for any session, for any reason, will result in you not receiving credit. (This includes all transportation-related issues.)
- You are responsible for making up any lecture(s) for which you arrive late or leave early.
- It is your responsibility to be on time. If you are unsure where the room is, find it in advance. If you arrive even 1 minute after the lecture commences, you will not be permitted entrance for that session and you will need to make it up.
- Make sure you have a pencil or a pen, you will need one.
- Breaks will be scheduled. It is not permissible to leave the lectures while they are being conducted. If you do leave, it is assumed it is for a medical emergency and therefore you should take all of your belongings with you as you will not be returning to the session. You will be required to make up the missed portions.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices are not permitted. They must be turned off and out of sight for the entirety of the workshop.
- You may bring beverages or snacks (that will not disrupt the seminar).
- Failing to satisfactorily complete the workshop will result in a hold being placed on your account. This will prevent you from being able to register for classes.