All About Coronavirus
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
All About Coronavirus
How to Protect Yourself
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Everyday preventive actions such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
- Egypt Travel Advisory updated to Level 3: Reconsider Travel---US Embassy, Sept 28
- Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity, researchers suggest----Telegraph, Sept 16
- Yes, you can have Covid-19 and the flu at the same time. Here's what that could do to your body----CNN, Sept 11
- Who Leads Colleges After COVID-19?--- Inside Higher Ed, Sept 9
- AstraZeneca pauses coronavirus vaccine trial after unexplained illness in volunteer---CNN, Sept 8
- Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine could be ready for approval by mid-October -- but there are still 'unknowns'----CNN, Sept 8
- This might be your most important flu shot ever----CNN, Sept 8
- Who Leads Colleges After COVID-19?---Inside Higher Ed, September 9
- AstraZeneca pauses coronavirus vaccine trial after unexplained illness in volunteer---CNN, September 8
- ---CNN, September 8
- This might be your most important flu shot ever---CNN, September 8
- Alert – PCR TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN VISITORS---US Embassy in Cairo
- How to wear a fabric mask safely---World Health Organization
- Frequently Asked Questions for US Embassy in Cairo---US Embassy in Cairo
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes---CDC
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings---CDC
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.