All About Coronavirus
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
All About Coronavirus
How to Protect Yourself
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Everyday preventive actions such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
- New International Students Barred From All-Online Classes---Inside Higher Ed, July 27
- Singapore to Begin Virus Vaccine Human Trials This Week, ST Says---Bloomberg, July 26
- People can stop coronavirus with these simple acts---CNN, July 21
- What's Next for Remote Learning?----Inside Higher Ed, July 21
- The 'Half-Campus' Model---- Inside Higher Ed, July 21
- COVID and Blood Type----Harvard Medical School, July 17
- Mounting Evidence Suggests Coronavirus is Airborne---Johns Hopkins University, July 16
- ALERT – EMBASSY OPERATIONAL STATUS----US Embassy in Cairo, July 16
- Consular Services Update----US Embassy in Cairo, July 1
- How to wear a fabric mask safely---World Health Organization
- Frequently Asked Questions for US Embassy in Cairo---US Embassy in Cairo
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes---CDC
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings---CDC
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.