All About Coronavirus
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
All About Coronavirus
How to Protect Yourself
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Everyday preventive actions such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
- Alert – FLIGHTS AVAILABLE FROM CAIRO TO FRANKFURT, GERMANY--- US Embassy in Cairo
- Egypt to impose stricter measures during Eid El-Fitr holiday to stem spread of coronavirus----Ahram Online, May 17
- Antibody tests for Covid-19 wrong up to half the time, CDC says---CNN, May 26
- Masks are too dangerous for children under two, Japanese experts warn---CNN, May 26
- WHO says the Americas are new epicenter of coronavirus pandemic----Reuters, May 26
- Future of air travel----CNN, May 22
- COVID-19: Tips for going out again---Mayo Clinic, May 21
- Why you need to continue to social distance even as your community opens up---Mayo Clinic, May 21
- What you need to know about latest TSA coronavirus screening procedures----CNN, May 21
- World Bank says the pandemic could push 60 million people into 'extreme poverty'----CNN, May 20
- Cambridge University Moves All Lectures Online Until 2021---Bloomberg, May 20
- U.S. Supports Egypt’s Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)---US Embassy in Cairo, May 20
- Frequently Asked Questions for US Embassy in Cairo---US Embassy in Cairo, May 17
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes---CDC
- WHO cannot predict end of COVID-19 pandemic: Regional Official---WHO
- Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings, Especially in Areas of Significant Community-Based Transmission----CDC
- Should I wear a face mask?----World Health Organization
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.