This website provides the latest information about AUC's actions to respond to the spread of COVID-19, also called novel Coronavirus. The University is actively monitoring the local and global health situation and is taking precautionary measures in an effort to help limit the spread of infection.
Messages to the Community
July 28, Fall 2020 Campus Re-open Guidelines
We are happy to share with you the Return to Campus Guidelines booklet for Fall 2020. Our main objective is to ensure the health and safety of our community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The guidelines are aligned with the Fall 2020 academic plan and in support of a low-density campus as previously announced. This is a comprehensive guide that outlines how our campuses will operate, what services will be running and to ensure we mitigate the spread of the virus.
July 20, Walk-In COVID-19 Testing Unit Inside AUC New Cairo Campus
Due to the long queues at the drive-thru testing station on the outer perimeter of the campus, AUC has agreed with Prime Speed Medical to set up a separate walk-in station for the AUC community only (students, faculty, staff, and alumni). It will be located inside the campus at the amphitheater and the access will be from Gate 1.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
- New International Students Barred From All-Online Classes---Inside Higher Ed, July 27
- Singapore to Begin Virus Vaccine Human Trials This Week, ST Says---Bloomberg, July 26
- People can stop coronavirus with these simple acts---CNN, July 21
- What's Next for Remote Learning?----Inside Higher Ed, July 21
- The 'Half-Campus' Model---- Inside Higher Ed, July 21
- COVID and Blood Type----Harvard Medical School, July 17
- Mounting Evidence Suggests Coronavirus is Airborne---Johns Hopkins University, July 16
- ALERT – EMBASSY OPERATIONAL STATUS----US Embassy in Cairo, July 16
- Consular Services Update----US Embassy in Cairo, July 1
- How to wear a fabric mask safely---World Health Organization
- Frequently Asked Questions for US Embassy in Cairo---US Embassy in Cairo
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes---CDC
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings---CDC
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.