As the front line, the soft services department plays an integral role in creating a pleasant experience for the AUC community. The department is in charge of keeping the campus clean. It is mainly concerned with providing full housekeeping services to the community and affiliated buildings. The department is keen on staying up-to-date and well-informed on new techniques and technologies in the field of housekeeping services.
Our vision is to provide superior quality services, consistently meet and exceed the daily expectations of the AUC community by ensuring a clean, safe and healthy environment, and maintain adequate housekeeping to ensure a clean, safe and comfortable campus for the AUC community and sustain a high level of competence among the staff through training and in-service education.
Create a hygienic, healthy, and safe environment for students, staff, faculty, and visitors. Communicate with professionalism, utilize environmentally friendly products and meet the University’s needs.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms
- Maintaining clean and sanitary kitchen areas
- Cleaning windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Dusting surfaces in public spaces
How to improve housekeepers’ productivity:
1. Offer job-specific training by:
- Developing a plan for the cleaning process
- Specifying time dedicated to each task to deliver efficient and consistent results
2. Provide housekeepers with the right tools and equipment to guarantee optimal hygienic results
3. Equip housekeepers with stocked and locked carts to promote consistency of cleaning results from one place to another
4. Make janitorial closets accessible and easy to use to reduce the amount of time and energy spent on restocking supplies
5. Conduct procedural audits to identify opportunities to improve both hygiene and productivity
Our role during the pandemic:
- Develop policies to protect and train workers before assigning cleaning and disinfecting tasks
- Regular antiviral cleaning of public high-touch areas
- Spray cleaning chemicals, detergents and disinfectants in outdoor areas
- Make sure that indoor workplaces are clean and hygienic. Wiping different surfaces and objects regularly with disinfectant
- Promote regular hand-washing
- Apply sanitizing dispensers in prominent places around the workplace and make sure these dispensers are regularly refilled
- Follow social distancing protocols
- Clean and disinfect soft surfaces such as carpets, rugs and curtains
- Using special machines to save time and effort and for better results
For all general housekeeping or grounds cleaning issues, concerns, or comments, send an email to email@example.com.