First-Year Program (FYP)
The First-Year Program is a year-long orientation program for new undergraduate students designed to:
- Facilitate the transition from high school to college life
- Prepare students for AUC's educational opportunities and student responsibilities
- Integrate new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social life on campus
The FYP orientation is mandatory for all first-year and transfer students. For those students who are unable to attend, AUC makes alternative arrangements that need to be fulfilled within the first six weeks of the semester.
FYP in Action
Goal 1: Students will understand and engage AUC's liberal arts education system
- Students will learn the benefits of the liberal arts tradition and understand the requirements and academic expectations of AUC’s core curriculum.
- Students will learn the academic and personal benefits of studying abroad and where to learn more about integrating an international experience into their educational plan.
- Students will choose and participate in co-curricular activities to build a holistic educational experience.
Goal 2: Students will participage in a culture of community
- Students will engage in and reflect on a common, University-wide experience.
- Students will establish connections with faculty, peer advisors, and student life professionals.
- Students will explore opportunities to be involved in campus programs and activities and develop a sense of belongingness to and responsibility for the AUC community.
- Students will learn where to find, read and understand AUC policies.
- Students will learn about the concept of diversity and practice skills needed to be able to listen to and discuss other perspectives.
Goal 3: Students will learn skills that promote academic and professional growth
- Students will practice skills needed to develop critical thinking, research and study skills.
- Students will explore academic interests and career pathways.
- Students will learn about academic integrity and how to engage campus resources that provide assistance with academic questions and challenges.
- Students will learn how to engage campus resources that promote fitness and well-being.
- Students will articulate verbally and in writing their overall academic development and professional growth they gained from their first year program.
Ahmed Berri FYP Vice President email@example.com Ahmed Halawa FYP Chief Student Leader firstname.lastname@example.org Ahmed Hesham FYP Fundraising Director email@example.com Ahmed Saad Logistics and Marketing Associate Director firstname.lastname@example.org Ahmed Sherif Edris FYP Treasurer email@example.com Ahmed Wael Academics Director firstname.lastname@example.org Amina Elghazali FYP Sessions and Workshops General Manager email@example.com Asmaa Samir FYP Engagement Director firstname.lastname@example.org Aya Harharah FYP Branding Director email@example.com Ayten Emam FYP Experience General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Bassel Halabi FYP Human Resources General Manager email@example.com Carol Zaki Social and Cultural Director firstname.lastname@example.org Dina Wahdan FYP President email@example.com Engy Ghoneim Fundraising Director firstname.lastname@example.org Farah Diaa Fundraising Director email@example.com Fareedah Amro Radi FYP Community Service Responsibility General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Farid Hani Academic Director email@example.com Habiba Rizk FYP Exclusive Show General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Hanin Sedky Logistics and Marketing Director email@example.com Haya Ghanem FYP Human Resources General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Jana Makled Social and Cultural Director email@example.com Jessica Botros Skills and Services Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org Kim Jackson Malak Amer FYP Marketing General Manager email@example.com Marwa Allam firstname.lastname@example.org Menna Shebly FYP Events and Services General Manager email@example.com Mohammed Al-jebzi FYP Events and Services General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Mohamed Amer FYP Production Director email@example.com Mohamed Essam FYP Production Director firstname.lastname@example.org Nada Morsy HR Director email@example.com Nadine Shalaby FYP Branding Director firstname.lastname@example.org Nour Nada HR Director email@example.com Nouran Hassan firstname.lastname@example.org Omar Abdelfattah FYP Encounter General Manager email@example.com Omar Elsalawi FYP Fundraising Director firstname.lastname@example.org Sabrina Eshra FYP Events and Services General Manager email@example.com Sarah Usama Elgindy FYP Academics and Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org Sherif Elsamra FYP Engagement Director email@example.com Yassen Mohamed FYP Encounter General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Youssef Diebbes FYP Marketing General Manager email@example.com Ziad Osama FYP Designer General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are Peer Leaders?
Peer leaders are a group of trained students who play an integral role in the first-year experience at AUC. They are a dynamic team that works under the supervision of the Office of the Vice President for Student Life. Their primary role is guiding, advising, and supporting you to successfully transition from high school into collegial life. Peer leaders will not only be present during times of orientation but also throughout the rest of the year.
What is expected from me during the orientation?
To attend all the sessions and answer the survey and the quiz questions.
Do I have to attend the FYP Orientation if I am an international student?
Yes, and if needed, you may be assigned a unique schedule that combines both schedules.
Is the FYP Fall 21 Orientation online or on-ground?
It's a hybrid. However, check your email regularly in case of any updates.
Should we use the same zoom link throughout the entire orientation?
Generally, yes, except for some sessions where you will be provided with a different zoom link.
If I missed the orientation, could I attend it later (e.g., another semester)?
No, you are only allowed to attend the orientation during the semester of your admission.
What happens if I miss one of the FYP sessions?
If you miss a session or more, a quiz will be administered through your blackboard account that you should pass with a score of 70% or more.
What if I missed sessions but had a valid excuse?
Make-up sessions will be offered to you provided that you submit proof justifying your absence.
What happens if I miss my orientation because I'm a late acceptance?
Make-up sessions will be provided to you.
What happens if I do not pass the quiz?
If you don't pass the quiz, you will be charged EGP 1500 on your student account, which may result in a financial hold.
Why am I receiving a financial hold?
You probably have not settled the EGP 1500 outstanding balance
If I'm a full scholarship student, will that cover the FYP hold?
No, scholarships don't cover the charges resulting from failing the FYP quiz.
How can I apply to be part of the FYP Crew?
Follow FYP social media accounts for any recruitment announcements.