Student Ambassador Program
Student Ambassadors are the "face" of AUC — a group of student volunteers dedicated to the positive promotion of the University. As part of the program, students get to interact with distinguished guests, alumni and faculty members, representing the spirit of the University.
AUC attracts distinguished lecturers, professors and dignitaries from all over the world. Past guests include Hilary Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Kofi Annan, Bernard Kouchner and Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah.
Volunteers act as liaisons between visitors and the University by giving tours and sharing their expert knowledge of AUC's mission and history. They also provide support at AUC community events.
With the completion of the pilot stage in 2009, the program was launched in 2010. Since then, AUC has expanded the role of student ambassadors to transform them into an integral part of the University’s public image.
Benefits of becoming a presidential student ambassador include:
- Developing valuable leadership and communication skills
- Getting to know an enthusiastic group of bright AUC students
- Opportunities to share information about AUC with guests and represent the University
- Working closely with University staff and administration
- Monetary compensation
- Certificate at the end of the year
- Cap and polo shirt