100 Under 40: Six AUC Alumni Ranked Among World’s Most Influential Young Arabs of 2016
Arabian Business recently released its annual ranking of 100 Under 40: The World’s Most Influential Young Arabs 2016. This year, six alumni from AUC were included on the list. These alumni come from a range of professions, including entrepreneurship, journalism, education and travel. Of the 100 individuals named, a total of 15 are from Egypt.
- Seif Abou Zaid ‘08, ‘16: Abou Zaid is a social and policy entrepreneur who focuses on education policy and management. Abou Zaid is currently the CEO of Mavericks International School, the first blended learning school in Egypt. He holds a BA in political science from AUC. Abou Zaid is also pursuing a Master of Public Policy as a Yousef Jameel Fellow in AUC’s School of Global Affairs and Public Policy.
- Lina Attallah '04: Attallah is a journalist and has founded seven news ventures. Attallah is currently editor-in-chief of the online newspaper Mada Masr, which she launched in 2013. She has also written for numerous publications including Reuters, Al Masry Al Youm and Cairo Times, and has worked as a radio producer and campaign coordinator for the BBC World Service trust. Attallah received her BA in journalism and mass communication from AUC.
- Dina El Mofty ‘98: El Mofty is the founder and executive director of Injaz Egypt, an education nonprofit that organizes entrepreneurial and work readiness programs for Egyptian youth. El Mofty also serves on the U.S.-Egypt Business Council and is co-chair of the Women in Business Committee at the American Chamber of Commerce, as well as a member of the Education and Entrepreneurship Committee. El Mofty holds a BA in political science from AUC.
- Minoush Abdel-Meguid ‘96: Abdel-Meguid has worked in investment banking and management for 17 years. She is currently CEO, chief investment officer and managing director of Union Capital, an investment fund for small-to-medium-size businesses in Egypt. In 2015, Abdel-Meguid was also named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Abdel-Meguid graduated with a BA in economics from AUC.
- Reem Khouri ‘04: Khouri is the founder and CEO of Kaamen, an enterprise that creates and implements social investment programs for enterprises, governments, nonprofits and communities. She also serves on the boards of several organizations, including Ethaar Journeys, Nakhweh, Ruwwad and Ruwaad Micro Venture Fund. Khouri holds a BA in Middle Eastern studies.
- Omar Samra ‘00: Samra is the first Egyptian to climb Mount Everest and the Seven Summits, making him the first of his countrymen to complete the “Explorers Grand Slam.” He also founded his own travel company, Wild Guanabana, and co-founded Rock’n’Rope, an outdoor adventure company, as well as Marwa Fayed’s Toy Run, a nonprofit that collects and donates toys to orphanages in Egypt. Samra received his BA in economics from AUC.