Campus Conversation: Summer, Fall and COVID-19 Vaccination
Last week's Campus Conversation: Looking Ahead to Summer and Fall covered the mode of instruction for the Summer and Fall semesters, COVID-19 updates in the University and Egypt and an upcoming AUC vaccination program. Here are the main takeaways:
- There is a rolling seven day average of 16 cases a day on campus, the highest of this year so far
- The anti-sexual harassment survey is mandatory, and all students, faculty and staff must complete it to remain at the University
- In the days after Eid, 5,000 members of the AUC community will be able to receive either the SinoPharm or Astrazeneca vaccine at a vaccination center set up by the Egyptian government. This number may increase. More information is to come about the registration process.
- Egypt currently has the Sinopharm, Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines available. The Sputnik V vaccine may become available soon.
- The Summer and Fall semesters will be partially face-to-face and may shift to full online or full face-to-face depending on the COVID-19 situation
- Commencements for Spring 2020 and 2021 will be school based and take place on June 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17.